Insights from the 2015 European Process Excellence conference
Drawing on insights presented at the 2015 European Process Excellence conference, PA’s new report delves into the main messages from the event and elaborates on key learnings from the presenters which included Dr Iris Kaib, VP at Deutsche Post, Simon Tompsett, Head of Change at Airbus and Erik Gillet, Global Process Excellence Leader at UBS among many others.
PA business transformation expert, Peter Sirman, chaired the event which saw over 125 business leaders and managers in attendance. Peter says: “The world has changed and this was clear from what we heard during the speeches, discussions and presentations. Now we need to focus on flexibility rather than standardisation, customers rather than cost and people rather than process.”
In the report, published in collaboration with IQPC, you will find articles tackling the following topics:
- Responding to a world of volatility, uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity – an entire rethink of the way businesses operate is required if operations professionals are to meet the challenges of the future. Dirk Stoltenberg, Global Head of HR Operations at ABB Group contends four ‘agility factors’ are essential to do this
- Building customer focus into operations – for Thomas Cook this means putting the customer at the heart, while E.ON sees the customer as the measure of success. This mind-set, where the customer is put above process, highlights a significant break from the past
- Avoiding pitfalls in continuous improvement – a clear vision, focusing on pressing issues and engaging the entire organisation are all steps an organisation can take to avoid the barriers to continuous improvement
- Engaging senior leadership to enable change – the role of mid- and senior-level leaders in making change happen is critical. Three strategies can be implemented to help ensure managers are on board
- Building change into the future – how can organisations successfully manage business change within an Agile programme? Four principles are outlined that provide companies with the path to success.
Download the full report by completing the form on the right.
To talk to one of our experts about achieving optimum productivity, contact us now.